Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Come for the language, stay for the coffee ☕

Well hi!

I am going to make an attempt at starting a language and linguistics blog. 

Sure, there are already LOADS of linguistics blogs, websites, Facebook pages and podcasts out there, so why bother creating another one?

Well that's what they say about cafes in Geelong and Melbourne and yet, they still keep cropping up. So I shall be like the cafe industry and further saturate a most likely already-saturated area. 

I have my reasons though. I have just completed my Master of Applied Linguistics and would really like to retain as much of what I have learnt as possible, which is difficult when you do not work in the field and you don't have regular contact with anyone who shares your interests. If I'm not applying my learning it can easily slip out the old ear without my realising it and all of a sudden I am finding myself thinking "now, what was a relative clause again?". Yikes. As the old saying goes, "use it or lose it".

So here I am, and here is my blog. I hope you enjoy. 

I hope I can post on here regularly enough too.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what is Linguistics??

lin·​guis·​tics   |   \  liŋ-ˈgwi-stiks   \ "ling-gwis-tiks" A few months ago,  I posted on Facebook that I was going to start a L...